STOTT PILATES INTENSIVE REFORMER COURSE
Thursday 10th, Friday 11th, Saturday12th & Sunday 13th August 2017
Friday 18th, Saturday 19th & Sunday 20th August 2017
Thursday 31st August, Friday 1st & Saturday 2nd September 2017
Runway Pilates Studio, Talbot Road, Alderely Edge, Cheshire, SK9 7HR
£1375 – Course Fee
£195 – IR Course Materials
£25 – Matwork & Reformer Support Materials Manual
a) Working knowledge of Functional Anatomy (University/College level course completion)
b) 3+ years teaching movement, fitness and/or dance*
c) At least 30 hours of attending Pilates Classes is required
*Applicants with a strong history of Pilates participation and/or experience instructing students/clients in another field may also be considered.
About this Course
Developed by former professional dancer Moira Merrithew, with input from sports medicine professionals, STOTT PILATES® is a contemporary, anatomically-based approach to Joseph Pilates’ original exercise method. Incorporating modern exercise science and rehabilitation principles, it is a safe and highly effective low-impact way to stretch, strengthen and streamline the body.
STOTT PILATES helps to develop optimal strength, flexibility, endurance and posture, without building bulk or stressing joints, which makes it the perfect complement to cardiovascular exercise, athletic training or rehabilitation. The courses are ideal for experienced studio and fitness instructors, personal trainers, sports therapists, physiotherapists and those with a background in dance looking to improve their range of skills and enhance their employability.
STOTT PILATES Intensive Reformer Repertoire will prepare you to teach a broad range of exercises, variations and modifications performed on the Reformer, and how to combine Mat and Reformer based workouts for increased variety and intensity.
What you will learn
- Apply STOTT PILATES bio-mechanical principles of core stability, peripheral mobility, breathing and alignment to relevant exercises
- Break down essential and intermediate level exercises
- Exercise essence, muscular initiation and movement sequencing
- Apply variations to increase or decrease exercise intensity
- Modify for specific body types, postural issues and conditions
- Teach and communicate effectively using visual skills, verbal cueing and imagery for performance enhancement
How you will be assessed
- Theory paper
- Exam after course
A teaching log needs to be completed prior to assessment. This includes:
- 25 hours practical teaching (individuals or groups)
- 40 hours physical review (attending STOTT PILATES classes or performing exercises wit DVDs)
- 10 hours observation (STOTT PILATES classes or DVDs).
Please note: exam can be combined with STOTT PILATES Intensive Mat-Plus™ exam
The examination must be taken within 6 months of completion of your last STOTT PILATES course.
What you will qualify with
- STOTT PILATES
How to Book:
Please contact Runway Pilates Studio on 01625 568 044 or email email@example.com.
You will be sent an application form to complete and a non-refundable deposit payment of £571, (if both IR materials and separate manual are required) or £546 (if only the IR materials are required).
The final payment of £1024 is due by Friday 21 st July 2017 – no reminders will be sent.