What is Reformer Pilates?
Pilates was primarily used for rehabilitating wounded soldiers in World War 1. Joseph Pilates (the inventor of Pilates) began on what he called the ‘Universal Reformer’ which was an original hospital bed which he had cleverly adapted.
The secret of Reformer Pilates is its ability to train the small and big muscles of the body, the ones that stabilise you and the ones that move you all just using one piece of equipment.
It is fantastic for increasing strength, tone, balance, flexibility, mobility leaving you with a body that feels great, looks great and is great.
The reformer is unique as it only uses springs, levers, and the weight of your own body to provide resistance.
There are over 500 different exercises on the Reformer which promote length, strength, flexibility and balance.
- Improves Posture
- Enhances Core Strength and Stability
- Improves Balance and coordination
- Prevention and Relief of Back Pain
- Prevents Injury
- Enhances Athletic Performance
- Improves Muscular Balance and Strength
- Increase Flexibility and Mobility
- Heightens Mind and Body Awareness
- Improves Incontinence Control
- Enhances Physical and Emotional Well Being
Who is it for?
Everyone and Anyone. Runway Pilates sets your body up for success in whatever it does.
Whether you’re training, toning or recovering, you’ll do it better, stronger and more efficiently.